How Can I Have Glowing Skin?
Is there anything that can make your skin brighter and more noticeable even without make-up? Yes, your glowing skin! It is true that hereditary factors play a role in getting that glow, but that's really just the beginning. People need to diligently follow good skin care habits to develop glowing, head-turning skin. And it's much easier than you think. Once it becomes a part of your daily routine, the glow comes from within--naturally.
Incorporate these tips into your daily skincare routine:
- Wear sunscreen – This can prevent the formation of fine lines, deep wrinkles, and mottles on the skin which happens after exposure to the sun. Sunscreens, when used properly, can reduce dull and rough skin with an uneven tone. Choose a broad spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher and reapply it whenever you are in the sun for more than two to three hours. Also consider using a skin moisturizer that has SPF in it, 15 or above, daily.
- Retinoids – These products are known to unclog the pores in the skin, helping to reduce acne or other blemishes. They are also good for improving the production of collagen and improve the texture of skin. Retinoids are now available in different brand names and should be used regularly, particularly in the evening. Retinoids are available in the form of over-the-counter cream, gel, or serum containing retinol.
- Avoid using too many different products – This is to prevent interactions of products and also to reduce irritation. Many experts believe that keeping a simple routine of cleanser, moisturizer, sunscreen, and retinoid is enough to give glow.
- Healthy habits – Healthy lifestyle habits like eating lots of vegetables and fruits, regular exercise, drinking enough water, and getting good sleep are very essential to having glowing, healthy skin. These habits will promote cell turnover and collagen production, two aspects that contribute to skin health. Regular exercise will also help in reducing stress and improving circulation.
Remember to wash your face with a gentle soap twice a day. This will keep the skin pores open, preventing the formation of acne. The most important of all is the ability to be consistent with these practices. If you want glowing skin, you can't expect overnight results.
- Glowing skin can be achieved by following a regular regimen.
- Avoiding sun damage, reducing skin irritation, and having healthy overall habits are some of the ways that people can reduce irritation.
- Consistency is always key!