Experts in the field of anti-aging believe that it is never too late to start the anti-aging essentials. Although it is not very obvious, the skin actually starts aging by mid-20's. The major factors that really make a difference for the killing looks are genes, daily skin routine, and sun exposure.
Good skin care is essential for anti-aging, in addition to the following:
- Gentle cleanser – This is one of the most important components of anti-aging treatment; opt for a creamy cleanser. Those who have oily skin should choose an oil-free, foaming, gentle cleanser. Avoid cleaning with hot water as it may strip the natural moisture from the skin. Use warm or cold water while using a cleanser. Those who have sensitive skin should discuss with a doctor while choosing the product to avoid irritation of the skin.
- Moisturizer – Needless to say, a good moisturizer is key to any good skin routine to improve and protect the skin. Oily skin needs lightweight, oil-free products while people with dry skin may need to apply moisturizers more than once in a day. Remember to apply the moisturizer while the skin is still damp to seal the hydration.
- Sunscreen – Exposure to the sun is one of the most important causes for aging. Whether you are staying indoors or it is a cloudy day, one will need sunscreen to protect the skin. For convenience one can opt for moisturizers that contain sunscreen. In the night, one can go for an anti-aging product and a moisturizer without sunscreen.
- Exfoliation – Removing the dead cells from the skin helps to give the glowing look. Spinning brush or scrubs containing synthetic beads are good options for exfoliation. People with dry skin should exfoliate once a week while those with oily skin should include this in the skin routine twice a week. Those with sensitive skin should follow doctor’s recommendation while choosing the product. Anti-aging products containing retinoids and salicylic acid may also be useful for removing the dead cells. Chemical peels and microdermabrasion are also used in sloughing off dead cells.
- Nutrients – Good nutrients are very much needed to protect and improve the skin. Products that contain vitamin C and E are good enough to protect the skin from aging. Creams containing vitamin A and B3 are needed for protecting the skin from sun damage. Moreover, the skin also needs nutrients from a healthy diet.
- Avoid irritating products for skin – Many components in products may cause pimples and blackheads. Avoid products like hair sprays, creams and stress that may affect the smooth skin.
- Healthy habits – More than anything else, healthy habits are very essential for young skin. Quit smoking and eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Regular exercise is also a must to have good skin. Try to avoid being in the sun for a long time.
- Taking proper care of your skin can help prevent your skin from aging rapidly.