Alda isn't the only celebrity with Parkinson's disease
Alan Alda is only one of many celebrities living with Parkinson’s disease. These celebrities have raised awareness for this disease for more research and information.
Some of these celebrities are:
- Singer Neil Diamond announced earlier this year that he was ending his 50th anniversary tour early because of his Parkinson’s disease diagnosis.
- Actor Michael J. Fox, who was diagnosed with early-onset Parkinson’s, developed a foundation to bring awareness and fundraising for research on the disease.
- Muhammad Ali suffered from Parkinson’s disease, and unfortunately, it was something that he could not defeat.
- Charles M. Schulz, the creator of the Peanuts comic strip, was formally diagnosed in the 1990s, and he lived with this disease for years.
- Linda Ronstadt cut her career short due to Parkinson’s disease.
- Janet Reno, America’s first woman Attorney General, suffered from Parkinson’s, but she did not let the condition keep her down. She filled her life with exercise, ran for Florida’s governor, and continued to do the things she loved like kayaking.
Photo source: Neil Diamond - Neil Leslie Diamond by Peter Hutchins