Try this tasty tarragon and lemon chicken soup to soothe your fibro symptoms
When experiencing a fibromyalgia flare-up, nothing is better than comfort food. One of the best comfort foods to help you feel a bit better is chicken soup. Try this Tarragon & Lemon Chicken Soup from Cook for Your Life to soothe your fibromyalgia symptoms:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 dice stalks of celery
- 2 diced medium carrots
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups of water
- 2 springs of tarragon
- 2-inches of lemon peel
- 20 ounces of chicken on the bone
- ½ cup orzo
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped tarragon leaves for garnish
- Heat olive oil over medium heat (in a heavy bottomed pot).
- Add onions, celery, salt, and carrots. Cook for up to 8 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add 6 cups of water, tarragon sprigs, lemon peel and chicken on the bone.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 40 minutes. Skim foam or fat on the surface. Add a little water if the soup has reduced by more than an inch.
- Remove the chicken and place in a bowl. Cool slightly, then shred the meat and throw away the bones.
- Return the chicken to the soup, bring to a boil and add the orzo.
- Boil for 7 minutes then stir in lemon juice and seasoning.
- Turn off the heat.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with reserved fresh tarragon.