Spicy Peanut Chicken Stir-Fry
This recipe from Betty Crocker can easily be done in 25 minutes. Not only is it simple to prepare, it'll be a fun dish for your entire family.
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3 Tbsp of gluten-free, low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 12 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces approximately 1-inch
- 2 teaspoons chopped ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup thin red bell pepper strips
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 to 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice, without salt and butter
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free dry-roasted unsalted peanuts, with finely chopped cilantro (optional)
In small bowl, mix 1/2 cup water, the soy sauce and pepper flakes; set aside.
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, ginger root and garlic; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is light golden brown. Stir in soy sauce mixture and peanut butter. Add broccoli and bell pepper; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and cook over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
In small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons water and the cornstarch; stir into chicken mixture. Cook 1 minute, stirring frequently, until sauce is bubbly and thickened. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro.
Recipe and photo credit: Betty Crocker