Boost your energy and recharge yourself, no matter how busy you are in work or life. You can use a 10 minute break to reinvigorate yourself and gear up for the rest of the day. Some of the quick ways to boost energy include:
- Go out and get some sunshine – Get some sunshine for 10 minutes a day. Getting fresh air gives the benefit of refreshing yourself and also stimulates vitamin D production in the body. Exposure to sunshine also increases the levels of serotonin which lifts mood and improves sleep at night.
- Take the stairs – Taking a flight of stairs (up and down) for 10 minutes improves heart rate and boosts energy.
- Coffee break – Coffee is known to raise your mood any time. Of the lot, brewing espresso brings out the flavor and has very strong antioxidant properties. Espresso is less likely to trigger any adverse effects like gastroesophageal reflux disease.
- Solve a crossword puzzle – Focusing on a different task for a few minutes can boost energy levels considerably when one is totally burned out mentally. Try a collection of crossword puzzles at a level that can be completed within 10 minutes to recharge you.
- Hold the shoulders up till the ears and keep it there for a few seconds
- Repeat sitting and standing without holding arms
- Fold your right hand over the left shoulder and left hand over the right shoulder as in a hug
- Have a healthy smoothie – Take 10 minutes to make a healthy smoothie without additional sugar. Take 8 ounces of skim milk or soy milk, a bit of fruit and some ice to thicken it. To make it more healthy, one can also add wheat germ or ground flax seeds.
- Take a deep breath – Take a deep breath, close your eyes and imagine a virtual vacation. It can be something that you have already experienced or the one which you would like to have. Fill in as many details as possible and feel refreshed. Once you are through, gradually ease back into the present.
- Read a poem – Reading is a great way to get back into the normal comfortable self. It would be better to opt for a small poem which can be read within the short period rather than choosing a big novel.
- Take a walk – A brisk walk immediately boost the energy and provides a lot of health benefits. The best routine is to have moderate exercise for half an hour every day. So take few more extra 10 minute breaks and increase the speed as you progress.
- Choose the right snack – Avoid high sweet and carb snacks. Opt for protein snacks which will provide longer-lasting energy. Add some peanut butter to the apple or some low-fat cheese to the crackers.
- Write for pleasure -- Start writing your journal for 10 minutes a day. Let it be a self-reflection which will definitely add a better perspective to the job and life.
- Laugh – Laughing can definitely make you feel elated. So have a 10 minute break during which you can laugh your heart out. Seek out for something which would make you laugh. Involve your friend because people tend to laugh more when we are with friends.
- Use cold water – Splash some cold water on your face to invigorate yourself.
- Get a cup of green tea – Have a cup of green tea or black tea. Green tea has additional health benefits and would be a better choice on the whole. It is known to decrease the risk of heart diseases and cancer.
- Aromatherapy – Smells of peppermint, lime and grapefruit are known to boost the energy levels in some people. So during the 10 minute break, open the bottle of your favorite smell and breathe in the scent from it.
- Have supplementation – Try considering stimulants like ashwagandha, panax ginseng, or rhodolia as stimulants to boost the energy levels. They also help in dealing with the stress, which is one of the main causes of fatigue.
- Listen to music – Choose the right kind of music that always seems to boost you up and prepare for a 10 minute break where music will take you to a different world altogether making you refreshed at the end.
- Eat a chocolate – Chocolate is a mild stimulant and also protects you from heart diseases while boosting memory. If you want a low calorie option, have a cup of unsweetened cocoa with some artificial sweetener.
- Organize your desk – Take 10 minutes to organize your desk which will allow you to work more efficiently
- Eat breakfast without fail – Eating healthy breakfast has long term benefits. Never skip breakfast and if you have started work without one, take 10 minutes to have a healthy one.
These are essentially known ways to boost the energy levels. One needs to try deliberately to use the breaks effectively and actively for maximum health benefits.
- Ten minutes are all a person needs to boost their energy for the rest of the day.