Gluten-free snack mixes are great for on-the-go
Chex Mix is a popular snacking favorite. Now you can make your own--and gluten-free! From the Celiac Disease Foundation themselves, this recipe utilizes a combination of nuts, cereals, and spices to recreate the tastes and textures we all know and love.
- 4 Cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 4 Cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 Cup Mixed Nuts
- 3 Cups Gluten-Free Mini Pretzels
- 6 Tablespoons Butter or margarine
- 2 Tablespoons Gluten-Free Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
- 3/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- In a large microwavable bowl, mix cereals, nuts, and pretzels; set aside.
- In a small microwavable bowl, melt the butter.
- Stir in seasonings. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 5 to 6 minutes, thoroughly stirring every 2 minutes.
- Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.