Love an Italian hero? Try these rollups without the bread
Lots of kids (and adults!) enjoy the famed Italian cold-cut sandwich. But, did you know that it’s just as easy and fun to eat without the bread? You can eat this at home or on the go. This is a fun treat for lunchboxes or lunches at home. From Health-Bent, here is the recipe for Paleo Italian rollups.
- Sweet/honey ham
- Capicola ham
- Tomato, sliced thin
- Banana peppers
- Spinach or other lettuce
- Dried oregano
- Olive oil
- Mayo & mustard
- Use the largest coldcut (probably the honey ham) for the outside layer.
- Overlap that coldcut about 1.5 inches, making 2 rows of 4.
- Make sure it’s overlapping, then layer your other meats on top.
- Squeeze on the mustard and mayo, but only on one half. This will be the half that is going to be the inside or middle of your roll.
- Layer your thinly sliced tomato, the banana peppers and spinach (and any other toppings you choose) over the mayo/mustard.
- Other adds that would be yum – olives, red wine vinegar, cucumbers, onions
- Roll from the filling side first as tight as you can.
- Wrap in parchment or wax paper, like a burrito, and off you go.