This no-bake granola bar is the answer to snacktime
Not only are these granola bars gluten-free, but they can be made vegan, too, if you'd like to use vegan chocolate chips. Talk about a home-run snack! Chocolatey, chewy, and nutritious--you might catch yourself sneaking one too!
This recipe can be found on the beaming baker blog.
- 1 ½ cups gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup gluten free oat flour*
- ½ cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 flax eggs (whisk together 2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons warm water, let set for 15 mins)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup natural, unsalted almond butter
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or other add-ins of your choice
- Line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: oats, flour, coconut and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients: flax eggs, coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to stir ingredients together until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan. Spread granola bar mixture into an even layer, pressing down until it's tightly packed and smooth.
- Place baking pan in freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer. Lift bars out of the baking pan. Set onto an even surface and slice into 12-18 bars.