Zoodles can be just as delicious as noodles
Zucchini noodles, or zoodles as they’re so fondly called, are a great carbless and gluten-free option for your next pasta night. Cooked right, they still have a little bit of a chew and go great with any sauce!
From the blog Iowa Girl Eats, here is a zoodles recipe with a Greek variation!
- 2 large thin OR 4 small thin zucchini (1lb,) spiralized using the fattest noodle blade
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot or 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- pinch dried oregano
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 2 Tablespoons sun dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 3oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 lemon
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large, 12" skillet over medium heat. Add shallots then saute until tender, 5 minutes. Add garlic then saute until very fragrant, 30 seconds. Add zucchini noodles then turn the heat up to medium-high and season with salt, pepper, and dried oregano.
- Saute zucchini noodles until they just begin to soften then add kalamata olives and sun dried tomatoes, and continue sauting until zucchini is al dente. Add feta cheese and desired amount of lemon juice then toss to combine and serve.