Gluten-free muffin recipe
Now that you are armed with some baking tips and tricks, try this gluten-free muffin recipe!
- 240 g smooth applesauce (1 cup)
- 114 g Greek yogurt (plain) (1/2 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 80g granulated coconut palm sugar (12 cup)
- 225 g certified gluten free old fashioned rolled oats (2 ¼ cups)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 ounces blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch (6 g)
- Heat oven to 325°F. Grease the cups of a 12-cup muffin tin
- Put the applesauce, yogurt, eggs, vanilla, sugar, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt (in that order) into a blender and blend in a food processor until smooth.
- Toss in 4 ounces of blueberries with the cornstarch and carefully fold the blueberries into the batter. (Don’t blend unless you want blue muffins).
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin tin. Scatter the tops of the batter with the remaining blueberries and gently press into the batter.
- Place the tin in the center of the preheated oven and bake until the tops of the muffins are domed (about) 18 minutes.
- Cool for about 10 minus in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Finally, eat with milk and enjoy your yummy muffin!