Tangerine/Mango Fruit Leather
Everyone likes a good granola bar for a snack, but consider making your child fruit leather instead. Try this recipe:
- 4 cups tangrine segments
- 2 cups mango chunks
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon tangerine zest
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the tangerines to a blender and puree until they are reduced by about half. Add mango, honey and zest. Puree everything until the mixture is smooth (or as close to smooth as you can get. There will still be some chunks in the fruit mixture, but that makes it good).
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 4 hours. The fruit leather will be dry, but not dark. Watch to make sure the color is still a bright orange.
- Let the fruit leather sit for at least 8 hours at room temperature. This is to make the leather soft. The next step is to cut it into strips with a knife or use your kitchen shears. Awesome!