- Kale contains a multitude of nutrients and minerals that will benefit the body.
- The consumption of kale accounts for 200 percent of the daily recommended levels of vitamin C.
- A cup of chopped kale contains only 33 calories.
Kale contains a multitude of nutrients and minerals that will benefit the body. The consumption of kale accounts for 200 percent of the daily recommended levels of vitamin C. A cup of chopped kale contains only 33 calories.
Kale, a versatile green, is gaining popularity not only among celebrities but also among common folks for its flavor and nutrient richness. Kale, or borecole, can be consumed in its natural, unprocessed state. Kale provides a number of health benefits, including protection from a number of chronic diseases.
This amazing green vegetable is available in different varieties, like curly, dinosaur, and ornamental types. What makes it more attractive is the fact that it be implemented seamlessly into different recipes, including side dishes, salads, and main courses.
Thinking of the health benefits, kale is filled with nutrients way above many of the other vegetables. A cup of chopped kale contains only 33 calories, but is loaded with nutrients, like calcium, vitamin A, vitamin K, and vitamin C. It is also a rich source of minerals, including potassium, manganese, copper and iron.
Kale is wonderful vegetable which is full of proteins, vitamins and minerals. The type of benefits it offers is rare among many vegetable. Apart from taking care of our health kale also adds soothing taste which makes the dishes appetizing and delicious which everyone of us loves to have.
The benefits in kale include:
- Vitamins A, C and K, which are powerful anti-oxidants that prevent oxidative damage in the body and protect an individual from a number of diseases including, cancer. Manganese also provides anti-oxidant activity protecting the body from the damages caused by free radicals.
- Kale is also rich in lutein and zeaxanthin compounds, which improves the functioning of the eyes. These compounds protect the eyes from damaging UV rays, and prevent cataracts.
- This leafy vegetable is rich in fiber that aids in lowering cholesterol levels in the body. This, in turn, reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Kale has an abundance of vitamin K, which is essential for bone health and blood clotting. It is also rich in calcium, a mineral much needed for strong bones. Studies show that this vegetable is an amazing source of calcium and it helps to prevent osteoporosis.
- It is an ideal source of vitamin C, containing 100g. This leafy vegetable provides 200% of the daily recommended levels of this vitamin. This helps the body to develop resistance against many infectious diseases and also provides adequate anti-oxidant activity.
- Vitmain A content found in kale helps to maintain healthy skin and mucus membranes, and is known to protect the body from cancers, like lung cancer and oral cancers.
- Kale is rich in vitamin B complexes, like niacin, thiamin, and pantothenic acid; all of which improves substrate metabolism.
- Di-indolyl-methane present in this vegetable is a good immune modulator. It also has anti-viral and anti-bacterial activity, protecting the body against a number of diseases.
- Kale contains phytochemicals, like sulforaphane and indole-3-carbinol, which offer protection against cancers, like colon cancer and prostate cancer.
Everyone seems to be talking about green colored smoothies, super-food shakes and healthy vegetable juices. These are the food items which have been making the people conscious about their health, help to curb unhealthy cravings and to boost the immunity. These food items are the best meal replacements for busy people who are always on the run. And these super-food concoctions have one thing common and that is the most common ingredients called Kale!
Kle is rich in proteins and in many vitamins such as vitamin K, vitamin A and vitamin C and also many other vital nutrients.
The health benefits offered by the wonderful of Kale includes-
- heart support,
- cancer prevention and
- number of many minor and major diseases.
Health Benefits of Kale
Kale has become one of the most popular health foods today because it is capable of fighting against many deadly diseases including the dreadful Cancer. The highly preferred and nutritious kale is used not just as food item but as one of the effective medications against the viruses and infections.
The health benefits of kale have been first noticed centuries ago in the ancient Rome and according to the history it was one of the highly popular vegetables having green leafy of the Middle Ages.
Kale belong s to the Acephala group of the Brassica oleracea species of collard greens. The two main varieties of kale are one that has green leaves and one that has purple.
It has the central leaves which do not form a head and which is why kale is considered as Kale. It is cruciferous, Sulfur rich vegetables which is close to the another famous leafy vegetable wild cabbage than most domesticated forms of vegetables.
Kale is most commonly classified by its leaf type:
- Cavolo nero (Dinosaur Kale, Black cabbage)
- Curly (Scots Kale)
- Leaf and spear (hybrid of curly and plain)
As a part of the Brassica oleracea vegetable species family, kale has many similar vegetable in its company and most of them share shares similar characteristics as many of its cousins as given in the list below:
- Bok Choy
- Brussel Sprouts
- Mustard greens
All these leafy vegetable are rich in protein and vitamins and can make the recipes tasty when used with variety of other ingredients.
The green vegetables are :
- Are anti-inflammatory
- Contain antibacterial and antiviral properties
- Inactivate carcinogens
- Reprogram cancer cells to die-off
- Prevent tumor formation and metastasis
Kale Nutrition Facts:
You can imagine how nutritious is this leafy vegetables which has become one of the most famous food-items which not only offers delicious taste to the dishes that are prepared but it also helps to fight-back many of diseases and makes healthy and happy.
In just one cup of chopped kale, you will find following list of proteins, vitamins and minerals
- Vitamin K (684% recommended daily value)
- Vitamin A (206%)
- Vitamin C (134%)
- Manganese (26%)
- Copper (10%)
- Calcium (9%)
- Potassium (9%)
- Vitamin B6 (9%)
- Iron (6%)
- Magnesium (6%)
- Folate (5%)
- Riboflavin (5%)
- Thiamin (5%)
- Phosphorus (4%)
- Protein (4%)
- Niacin (3%)
- Zinc (2%)
- Pantothenic Acid (1%)
- Selenium (1%)
- Sodium (1%)
- Omega-3 fatty acids (121 mg)
- Omega-6 fatty acids (92.4 mg)
The highly rich source of several vitamins and minerals the vegetable kale offers vitamin K in one cup of cooked kale and it stands out considerably amongst the rest of the nutrients. It plays a major role in blood clotting as well as in the excessive bleeding preventions. Most of the scientist are working on vitamin K and wanted it to be the most natural product which can naturally and most effectively treat osteoporosis. Kale is very effective and highly beneficial in everyday life. The number of advantages kale offers is discussed below in details:
7 Health Benefits of Kale
There are many benefits of wonderful veggie kale but we have decided to talk about the most useful 7 health benefits:
Kale promotes pro-inflammatory omega-6 and also it anti-inflammatory omea-3. The balance is nearly 1:1 but kale has percentage of omega-3 is slightly higher so it keeps reducing the negative effect and increases the positive effect.
2. Kale is Antioxidant
Kale is wonderful antioxidant food. Kale is rich in vitamin C, and beta-carotene the precursor to vitamin-A.the human body is exposed to highly unstable free radical molecules every day. But kale can protect the human body against the radical molecules. Detoxification is one of the best health benefits of the kale is that it is natural detoxifier. It not only helps in removing toxins but also eliminate it from the body.
3. Heart support
Because kale is powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, it is considered to be a perfect food for heart. Kale is very robust range of antioxidant and it keeps all types of viruses away from the body. It certainly helps in long and healthy life which is why it is considered as a complete heart supporter.
4. Brain development in infants
One of the key benefits of the kale is that it has the ability to help the in infant brain development in the womb itself. Eating kale regularly helps in avoiding several birth defects completely. It helps in adequate birth weight, neutral tube formation and proper development of the face and heart of the baby.
5. Cancer prevention
The main benefit of the kale is that it can help in fighting the deadliest disease such as cancer. It has the ability to kill the cancer species completely. It can create chemicals while chewing down and while digesting the food. These chemicals are useful in fighting against the outside viruses successfully.
6. Healthy vision
The one more amazing benefit of the kale is that it helps in improving the eyesight. The two nutrients present in the kale are lutein and zeaxanthin which are highly useful in providing the energy to eyes and filtering the harmful energy from outside which could harm the vision of eyes.
7. Kale recipes
There are several recipes which are easy to make and highly useful in everyday life. these recipes help in getting higher nutrients and vitamin in everyday through the meals and also it helps in reenergizing, revitalizing and refreshing the mind and body and it keep a person healthy and happy all the time.