Smoked salmon breakfast wraps
Many like smoked salmon on their bagel in the morning, but with a bagel, it can come with a cost. These wraps from Diabetic Living are whole wheat so they lack the usual carbs a bagel would have.
- 1/3 C light cream cheese spread
- 1 T snipped fresh chives
- 1 t finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 T lemon juice
- 4 6 - 7 - inches whole wheat flour tortillas
- 3 ounces thinly sliced, smoked salmon (lox-style), cut into strips
- 1 small zucchini, trimmed
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese, chives, lemon peel, and lemon juice until smooth. Spread evenly over tortillas, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges.
- Divide salmon among tortillas, placing it on the bottom half of each tortilla. To make zucchini ribbons, draw a sharp vegetable peeler lengthwise along the zucchini to cut very thin slices. Place zucchini ribbons on top of salmon. Starting from the bottom, roll up tortillas. Cut in half. If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
Photo Source: A Wrap of Freshness by Zack Lee