Yogurt breakfast pudding
This yogurt breakfast pudding from Diabetic Living will give you a boost of energy.
- 1 6 - ounce carton vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup regular rolled oats
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup canned crushed pineapple (juice pack)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or flax seed meal
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Chopped red apple (optional)
- In a medium bowl stir together yogurt, oats, milk, pineapple, chia seeds, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Transfer to an airtight container. Cover and seal. Chill in the refrigerator at least 8 hours or up to 2 days. Stir well before serving. To serve, sprinkle each serving with 2 teaspoons almonds; if desired, top with chopped apple.
Photo: Dessert chia seed pudding with berries and fruits by Partha Nandi