Dr. Joseph Keith Jones D.C. is a top Chiropractor in Birmingham, . With a passion for the field and an unwavering commitment to their specialty, Dr. Joseph Keith Jones D.C. is an expert in changing the lives of their patients for the better. Through their designated cause and expertise in the field, Dr. Joseph Keith Jones... more
Plantar Fasciitis has become a very common condition that is associated with over pronation (the natural side-to-side movement of the foot as you walk or run) of the foot. Because the foot is so interrelated with the whole body, compensatory changes to the plantar fasciitis can affect the entire body.
Clinical findings of the plantar fasciitis include:
- Heel pain upon first morning step
- Heel pain after prolong sitting
- Tenderness to the medial arch on bottom surface of foot or around the heel
- An increase in weight gain or increase in activity level
The pathomechanics of the pain syndrome relates to the stretching of the plantar fasciitis tendons, amplified when weight bearing increases tension thus irritating the periosteum leading to pain. If not corrected this could eventually lead to a heel spur.
My treatment protocol has been extremely successful with over 90% of my cases.
Treatment must address the areas of weakness and dysfunction:
- Adjusting the foot to correct structural malalignments
- Perform myofascial release to the involved soft tissue
- A simple figure eight taping to help support the medial arch, which will usually provide significant short-term relief
- Often it is necessary to custom fit the patient with orthotics to resolve the problem, usually for good
About Joseph K. Jones, DO
Dr. Joseph Keith Jones D.C. is a top Chiropractor in Birmingham, AL. As a leader and expert in their field, Dr. Joseph Keith Jones D.C. is passionate about enhancing patient quality of life. They embody the values of communication, safety, and trust when dealing directly with patients.