Here are few things that can help:
- Follow a regular sleeping pattern, same hours of sleeping and waking up.
- Avoid fluctuations in caffein intake, if you like to drink a cup every morning, keep it this way, don't change your coffee intake every few days.
- Avoid over the counter pain medications (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), it may help migraine in the short-term (relieve for hours) but on the long run will cause medication-over use headache.
- Some patients develop migraine to certain triggers, if you have a trigger try to avoid it. Examples are: artificial sweeteners, smoked foods, MSG salt, aged cheese....
- Regular exercise helps migraine