Remember that if your first choice is a good one, stick with them, but if you find you don't click well with the practitioner, you can always go to another practitioner whom you feel more comfortable using.
Find a licensed acupuncturist in your area and get help soon.
Here are a few findings:
1. "Acupuncture stimulates the secretion of endorphins in the body (specifically Enkephalins) which is 1000 times better than morphine which is why it helps pain"
2. "There is an effect of constricting or dilating of blood vessels, from doing acupuncture so it releases white blood cells and increases circulation of red blood cells to injured areas. This is why it is so good for treating traumatic injuries so quickly and also why it treats edema problems."
3. "it regulates the cortisol releasing hormones (CRH) to reduce negative reactions to stress which is why it is so good for treating anxiety and stress related issues."
4. "Disrupts C fibers in nerves to rellieve pain."
5. "Yet another study claims that adenosine is released to deep levels, which is why acupuncture is good for treating pain"
The more studies that are done demonstrate more physical reactions that occur with acupuncture treatments. From a Chinese medical point-of-view, we are unblocking circulations and as the circulations repair, those help the body repair and function more properly. Pain comes when things aren't moving well.
I hope you find a licensed practitioner in your area if you need some treatments. If you don't know where to start, you can go to WWW.NCCAOM.ORG and search for a well trained practitioner in your area.
It is all a matter of your particular case.
So, what I think you're asking is can acupuncture keep me looking young. To that, I would say, it can in certain ways. It can help you feel more relaxed and hopeful, it can help you become less tired in your life and it can help reduce stress in your life, which leads to body wear and tear.
However, it does not do it on it's own. You must also learn how stress factors affect you, how sleep and eating habits affect you, how your relationships (current and past) affect you and how to deal with life on a day-to-day basis.
Health care is not a one-dimensional factor, acupuncture and Chinese medicine helps with the dimensions of physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual in many ways. You would need to find a good practitioner who is well trained and a Licensed Acupuncturist (not a chiropractor, MD or PC who "also does needling"). They should be able to talk with you deeply about your life and health and guide you towards your goals.
But remember that there is wisdom in age that is stable with time and youth is fleeting, so we all need to become content with who we are growing to become and worry less about matters of what we were.
Good luck with you on your journey.
Points are found all over the body and needles can go on arms legs, hands, feet, chest, back, abdomen, face, scalp, etc.
When and where specifically for treatment always depends on diagnosis and treatment plan, so only a few places each time
Acupuncture will regulate your body and let you know it's true energetic balance, so follow what your body guides you to do next.