Dr. David Nguyen is a top Dentist in Houston, Texas. With a passion for the field and an unwavering commitment to their specialty, Dr. David Nguyen is an expert in changing the lives of their patients for the better. Through their designated cause and expertise in the field, Dr. David Nguyen is a prime example of a true... more
Porcelain Veneers also known as dental veneers are basically a water substance thin shells. These shells are custom made and placed on the teeth’s surface. This procedure is undertaken to give the teeth a new appearance. The shells are placed on the front surface of the teeth giving them a new shape, color, length or size.
These dental veneers are composed from either resin composites or the porcelain material. Porcelain has been considered as much better than the resin veneer as they have better light reflection qualities. It gives the teeth the natural shine. For best advice, please consult Dental Veneers Houston.
Problems fixed by Porcelain Veneers:
- Dislocated teeth or discoloration of teeth occurs due to various reasons like tetracycline stains, root canal treatments (RCT), excess fluoride secretion, etc.
- Completely worn out teeth.
- Teeth that are broken or chipped out.
- Uneven and irregularly shaped teeth.
- Teeth having gap between them. The excess space is being close with this treatment.
Process for Porcelain Veneer
There are three steps in the process of Porcelain Veneers. You will be required to visit your dentist thrice for completing the procedure. This process can be undertaken on either on a single tooth or multiple teeth.
- Diagnosis and Planning – The first step consists of taking an appointment from the Porcelain Veneers Houston dentist. The dentist shall undertake a complete diagnosis about the root cause of the problem. He or she may ask you to conduct an X-ray examination as well. Then he will take the impression of your teeth and the mouth area. This is a very important step as it will help the doctor get an insight about the main problem lying area.
- Preparation – The next step consist the preparation for a tooth for a veneer. The dentist will then remove around ½ millimeter of enamel from the surface of the tooth. He might give you a local anesthesia for getting the area numb. The dentists will the make an impression of your tooth. This model is then sent to the laboratory. In this process the veneer is being prepared and sent to the dentist within 2-4 weeks.
- Bonding – Before finally pasting the veneer on your tooth, the dentist will apply it temporarily to check its fitting. If the veneer requires more trimming it is done by the dentist there only. Then the final veneer is places on your tooth with the help of cement. The extra cement is removed carefully. You might need to come for an extra visit to check how the gums are responding to the veneer. We also call this Cosmetic Tooth Bonding.
The Porcelain Veneers are very effective and efficient treatment procedure. We hope this article was helpful for you. You will not require undergoing specialized treatment procedure for Porcelain Veneers. You can easily get your entire treatment done within 2 -3 visits. So next time when you visit your dentist for Porcelain Veneers treatment you are well aware about the complete procedure. This information will help you get desired services without any hassle so that yo