Dr. Danielle Mellace is an internist practicing in Sonoma, California. Dr. Mellace specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Mellace provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with... more
Q: What do you recommend as Top Tips on Health and Wellness for your patients?
- Move Your Body!!! Enjoy the benefits of cardiovascular and strength training, as well as flexibility, meditation and relaxation techniques
- Eat a diet rich in Anti-oxidants , such as blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries.
- Drink Green Tea which is rich in the antioxidant epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG)
- Include Omega-3-Fatty Acids to your diet for heart health such as salmon, trout, herring, walnuts or flaxseed.
- Savor the miracle of Olive Oil
- Eat Fiber for colon health.
- Keep Good Sleep Hygiene
- Drink lots of water
- Romance with Red wine which contains Resveratrol
- Vitamin Supplements that are age and disease appropriate.
- Enjoy your sweet tooth with an occasional piece of Dark Chocolate, which is rich in flavonoids and procyanidins
- Cook for yourself, family, and friends, rather than eating out
- Portion control your meals
- Learn Effective Stress Control
- Eat protein with every meal to help balance your blood sugar
- Decrease flour and preserved products in your diet
- Eat foods rich in phytonutrients such as all dark colorful fruits and vegetables
- Live Clean and Green. Limit exposure to heavy metals, pollution, and other environmental toxins
- Follow age specific screening tests with your primary care physician to prevent disease and provide early life saving detection.
- Embrace Generosity, Happiness, and Love!!!
2. What simple steps can I take as a young healthy female to prevent osteoporosis in my future?
- Weight Bearing exercises!
- To preserve musculoskeletal health, protect bone density, and decrease risk of osteoporosis I recommend woman ages 20-50 y/o to take
- 1,000-1,500 mg/day of calcium
- 400-1,000 Units/Day of Vitamin D3
- 400-500mg/day of magnesium.
- Eat calcium-rich foods
- Stay up-to-date on age specific screening for Osteoporosis