My Commitment and Dedication - Is to provide Evidence Based Guidance and Support that will enable you to Build a Firm Foundation to Master a Life of Optimal Health, Happiness, Vitality and the Best Quality. Beginning with the Key Essence to Build a Brilliant Mind. How Fuelling your mind to positive changes, understanding... more
Researchers at the University of Salford in the U.K. have found that vitamin C inhibits the growth of cancer cells.
This simple vitamin, due to its powerful antioxidant properties, has become extremely effective when it comes to the prevention and treatment of cancer.
Due to the fact that vitamin C is naturally occurring in your food sources, it will have no harmful effect on your body during the process of destroying of cancer cells. It has the ability to support the body's healing mechanisms and immune system.
The potency of vitamin C has also been shown to be 10 times higher than the experimental drug 2-DG in the process, researchers say.
Cancer remains one of the leading causes of death worldwide. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the disease is the second most common cause of death and disease around the world, accounting for nearly nine million deaths in 2015 alone.
At present, statistics show that nearly 40 percent of men and women will develop cancer at some time in their lives. Evidence on data research is showing that if some serious changes aren't made in the next two decades, these statistics will increase by over 70%. This poses a devastating affect for your children and grandchildren.
As you may well be aware of the medical model of cancer therapies, such as surgery, radiation therapy and systemic treatments, more often than not, they are not efficient. For the most part these treatments are deemed to be toxic, resulting in adverse effects with the person becoming sicker than before commencing the treatments.
Many of the more aggressive tumors will not respond at all to treatments. When there is irreversible damage to the organ and tissue, the tumor will take on a life of its own, rapidly spreading itself throughout the body.
How Vitamin C Starves Cancer Stem-Like Cells
Looking at the research, vitamin C starves cancer stem cells by blocking a process called glycolysis. The process is responsible for glucose metabolism, and inhibiting it prevents the mitochondria from gaining essential energy for survival. By incorporating vitamin C either as a complete treatment or as a integrative medicine to chemotherapy, it has the potential to stem tumor recurrence and further progression of cancer.
In my practice I have incorporated the use of herbal medicine to help target cancer stem cells, including herbs such as St Mary's Thistle (milk thistle), Mistletoe, and Turmeric.
Vitamin C is inexpensive, natural, nontoxic, and readily available. Its potential in fighting this deadly disease is definitely a weapon that shouldn't be ignored.
There are many varied and different causes and stages to cancer. It is important to remember that prevention is always much easier than cure.
Eliminating unhealthy habits and incorporating lifestyle and dietary changes is always recommended in giving each person every opportunity of recovering from cancer.
Worldwide changes are needed. Changes that need to happen worldwide are establishing within communities organic farming, eliminating fast, processed, and junk foods in the food chain.
What can you do now?
- Eliminate processed foods that are manufactured in mass production, especially if coming from overseas.
- Do not grace your presence at any fast food outlets.
- Begin introducing more vegetables and fruit to replace packaged snacks.
- Have your daily food intake of 75% vegetables, a minimum of 25% raw such as carrots, capsicum, cucumber, celery, apples, pears, bananas, sprouts, leafy green veggies, etc.
- If you have habits that aren't serving you well, ditch them, replacing them with healthy habits.
- Change all cleaning products over to organic and natural.
- Last but not least, plant a garden, even if it is a small garden. It has amazing health benefits.
Additional benefits of vitamin C - Vitamin C is also an essential nutrient required by the body for the development and maintenance of scar tissue, blood vessels, and cartilage. Vitamin C is also necessary for creating ATP, dopamine, peptide hormones, and tyrosine.
As mentioned previously, vitamin C has powerful antioxidant properties. Vitamin C's ability to lessen oxidative stress to the body is another reason that it is beneficial in the treatment and prevention of cancer.
How Much Vitamin C? And What Foods Have It?
Foods rich in vitamin C include bell peppers, capsicum, dark leafy greens, kiwifruit, broccoli, kale, berries, oranges, lemons, tomatoes, green peas, and papayas.
The ability for it to be absorbed by the blood “maxes out at 500 milligrams".
Daily dosage for prevention and support of immune function is 200 - 500 milligrams per day.
Rich Food Sources for Vitamin C
- Yellow, red, and green capsicum: (otherwise known as bell peppers): Yellow and red are the richest sources. Vitamin C in 100g per 10 strips (52g) per large pepper
- Guavas: Vitamin C in 100g per cup (165g) per fruit (55g)
- Kale and other dark leafy green vegetables: Vitamin C in 100g per cup chopped (67g). Other dark green leafy vegetables include (%DV per cup and chopped) Turnip Greens, (55%) Chard/Beetroot tops (18%) and Spinach (14%)
- Broccoli: Vitamin C in 100g per cup chopped (92g)
- Other brassica vegetables High in Vitamin C (%DV per cup): Brussels sprouts (125%), Green cauliflower (94%), Cauliflower (86%), Red Cabbage (85%), and Cabbage (60%)
- Kiwi fruit: Vitamin C in 100g per cup, sliced (180g) per fruit (69g). Gold Kiwifruit are also high in Vitamin C (%DV per fruit): (151%)
- Strawberries and berries: Vitamin C in 100g per cup sliced (166g) 1 large strawberry (18g). Other Berries High in Vitamin C (%DV per cup): Raspberries (54%), Blackberries (50%) and Blueberries (24%)
- Oranges and citrus: Vitamin C in 100g per cup, sections (180g) per orange (131g). Other Citrus Fruit High in Vitamin C (%DV per fruit): Pummelo (619%), Grapefruit (114%), Lemon (74%), Clementine (60%)
- Tomatoes (cooked) Vitamin C in 100g per cup (240g) Per 2 tomatoes (246g) - 2 medium tomatoes contain just 44 calories and 0.3 grams of fat
- Peas: Vitamin C in 100g per cup (63g) Per 10 pods (34g) - Raw Green Peas (97%), and Frozen Peas cooked (59%)
- Papaya: Vitamin C in 100g per cup pieces (145g) 1 small papaya (157g) - Other fruits high in vitamin C (%DV per cup, chunks or balls): Mango (100%), Pineapple (131%), Cantaloupe Melon (108%), and Honeydew Melon (53%).
As you can see, it is easy to get plenty of vitamin C in your diet just by doing some food swaps.
Swap that biscuit or cake for a kiwi fruit, pineapple, or orange. Add a dark green salad to your chicken.
At dinner time share a platter with capsicum, carrots, cucumber and kale. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and some lime juice.
Have a smoothie in the morning with your favorite berries and kiwi fruit.
Recent Cancer Research is proving that Ginger is 10,000x Stronger than chemotherapy, showing that cancer doesn’t have to be a deadly word. It is no secret that chemotherapy and radiotherapy are not the best ways to treat cancer.
7 Steps to Fighting Cancer: Using food as your medicine
Don’t Be a Statistic to Cancer: Steps to lower your risk
If you are a smoker you will find my Book Why Can’t I Give Up Smoking very helpful and beneficial.
Want to learn the act of caring for yourself as a woman from the inside out? My book Optimal Health – The Key to Ageless Ageing is the book for you.
Empowering you to optimal health - Julie Doherty N.D