An Accredited Member of the Australian Traditional Medicine Society, Julie Graduated with distinctions from S.A. College of Botanic Medicine and Natural Therapies Pty Ltd. Professional Qualifications include: Naturopathic Doctor, Herbal & Homoeopathic Practitioner: Diet and Nutritional Medicine: Remedial & Therapeutic... more
Every day you will hear how "stress can kill you". Yet, without stress, there seems to be little if any motivation to make significant changes within your life's realm.
However, there come times where you feel that enough is enough. You know that life is full of challenging moments but want some of the challenges to pan out a little more smoothly.
Feelings of anxiety, depression, emotional outbursts, and being tired beyond comprehension no matter how much sleep you are getting: All of these mean you need to take some time to reassess more manageable levels to relieve these feelings, not allowing them to cripple you.
Take a look at some of the coping mechanisms you can use:
- The first step is to tackle them one at a time. Nothing is ever as urgent as it seems.
- Affirm that you can do this and that the world won't end even if you don't.
- Take a walk every morning out in the fresh air. Sometimes I even allow the tears of overwhelming to roll down my face, knowing that this is a good thing and allows the tension and anxiety to reduce. This allows me to think more clearly about the things that are happening.
- Talk to trusted people who will help bring a sense of balance to your mind and thinking. They may even have some suggestions of how to handle things.
- Take a break. Have a coffee. Listen to music that is uplifting.
- Have a bubble bath.
- If it all seems too daunting, tackle it little by little, piece by piece.
- If it all comes down to toxic people, either physically (if possible) or a least mentally eliminate these people from your mind and your emotions.
- Always to remember that you are enough. You have come this far and will continue the rest of the way, using the gifts, talents, and lessons you have and are learning.
- Allow yourself to move into a more positive frame of mind. This will bring balance and clarity to deal with the situation more effectively.
There are many levels of stress for which I will not go into in this article. But the main culprit that will bring stress to the next level is an inability to find a solution to the problem.
Finding a solution isn't always easy because it can involve other people, sometimes many other people. So in this case, it is a matter of putting the necessary details into place and staying consistent while understanding that, at this stage, you have done everything that you can.
Stress isn’t imaginary. It is a part of everyday life and for each of you, there will be different levels of stress depending on your life’s circumstances. The important thing to remember here is that you are not alone and nothing is silly that you are feeling stressed about. It is always important that, if you are not coming out of these feelings of anxiousness and depression, you should speak to someone who you can trust. If you don’t have someone in your personal realm, it is important then to find a professional whereby you can seek some clarity in your situation.