An Accredited Member of the Australian Traditional Medicine Society, Julie Graduated with distinctions from S.A. College of Botanic Medicine and Natural Therapies Pty Ltd. Professional Qualifications include: Naturopathic Doctor, Herbal & Homoeopathic Practitioner: Diet and Nutritional Medicine: Remedial & Therapeutic... more
Estrogen dominance has become a significant health problem for both men and women.
Many woman have learned to recognize the signs of hormone imbalance, but what about Oestrogen dominance?
You should be able to recognize the signs and symptoms if you are actually suffering from this. Learn what can you do to resume hormone balance and how to prevent it in the first place.
This simple protocol I have for you will help to restore and also prevent this problem.
What are the signs and symptoms?
- Abnormal menstrual periods leading to infertility
- PMS problems such as excruciating breast tenderness/swelling, mood swings, irritability, losing temper easily with no valid reason, and headaches.
- Decreased libido: There is more to your libido than meets the eye. Did you know sex hormones are also responsible for regulating your immune system the most?
- Your immune system is designed to be one of your first lines of defense against disease.
- Today’s lifestyles of not taking time to rest and relax can put you at risk.
- Indulging in negative habits such as excessive drinking, smoking, and prescribed, over-the-counter, and illegal drugs.
- The increased consumption of processed foods, not getting enough sleep, and the decline in exercise and physical activity. These all have a detrimental effect on your sex hormones and immune system.
- Fatigue that is unexplained and consistent even after getting plenty of sleep.
- Difficulty thinking; your brain feels foggy.
- Unexplained hair loss
- Thyroid problems – This can be indicated with energy or sudden weight changes.
- Unexplained weight gain – This is mainly around your hips, stomach and diaphragm.
- Trouble sleeping – This includes trouble getting to sleep or waking more than 2 to 3 times per night for no apparent reason.
- Metabolism has become sluggish, and you are feeling bloated.
So what can you do?
Remove Xenoestrogens – Xenoestrogens are dangerous and harmful chemicals that have entered our everyday live. Xenoestrogens mimic estrogen in the body. You are bombarded by them every day, so is it any wonder why so many people are suffering from estrogen dominance?
Here are some of your top offenders that need to be eliminated from your daily living:
- Many processed foods that have additives and coloring including milk and many packaged cheeses
- Tap water
- Contraceptive pills
- Soy protein isolate
Plastic water and drink bottles, plastic products such as Tupperware, especially when foods are cooked or stored in these plastic products, releases the chemical toxicity into food or drink. Polyurethane containers, cosmetics, makeup and many toiletries such as pantyliners, tampons, and deodorants are culprits as well.
Improve your bowel and kidney function: Yes, you can improve your processes of eliminating toxic chemicals from your body. What if you’re chronically constipated? Then estrogen isn’t going to be eliminated from your body. It will quite simply re-enter your bloodstream and circulate throughout your body. Being the precursor to serious health problems, it is vitally important that you improve your bowel and kidney function with diet and drinking filtered water.
Here are some tips to improve your bowel and kidney function:
- Drink 2-3L of filtered water per day
- Each morning right when you wake up, squeeze one lemon into filtered boiling water and sip slowly
- Include probiotic foods and drinks such as kombucha, kimchi, sauerkraut, miso, kefir, plain organic yogurt, and tempeh
- Enjoy a daily smoothie with berries, greens, and fiber
- This is going to be far more beneficial than taking supplements for detoxification as this is going to support effective detoxification, and slowly, in a way that your body is able to cope. Taking supplements to detox can often make you quite sick
Support successful detoxification of all of your body’s systems. It is essential to do these things:
- Breathe deep into your lungs from your belly, as this supports detoxification of your lungs.
- Have professional massage treatments. These will improve the flow of lymph, therefore helping to reduce any oedema or bloatedness.
- Exercise daily, where the activity has you working up a sweat.
- Go to a sauna or have regular baths 2 – 3 times per week with a cup of Epsom salts. This will assist the elimination through your skin, your largest organ of detoxification.
- Skin brushing is also helpful for improving the flow of lymph as well as removing dead skin cells, allowing for faster regeneration of new cells.
Julie Doherty N.D - Empowering You to Optimal Health