expert type icon EXPERT

Michael D. Stern


Dr. Michael Stern is a Dentist practicing in Willoughby Hills, Ohio. Dr. Stern specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dentists are trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, prosthodontic, and endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, among many others.
Michael D. Stern
  • Willoughby, OH
  • DDS at Ohio State University
  • Accepting new patients

Why do I have sensitivity in all my lower teeth?

Could be from grinding your teeth at night. Or from root exposure.


Do I need braces to get rid of the gap in my teeth?

Invisalign, Clear Correct, or a plastic and wire retainer are all options.


What can be done for chipped tooth?

Depending on how bad it’s chipped, try dental bonding or just a large composite filling.


How long will a teeth whitening treatment last?

Could last a few months but touch-up treatments will prolong the results.

I have a pain coming from my back tooth. What should I do?

See a dental professional. There is either a problem with the nerve of the tooth or, even worse, the tooth could be fracturing and could be lost.


Are raisins good for your teeth?

I strongly disagree. Raisins are concentrated sticky sugar with little nutrition. But fresh grapes are terrific.


Do dental whitening toothpastes contain bleach?

The whitening agent is usually a peroxide. It should be safe for daily use. But, in Canada, over-the-counter peroxide products are generally not sold.


My dental filling keeps coming out. What should I do?

Time to try a different dentist!


How long will I have to wait for my next session after first round of root canal?

It's up to the doctor. It will be longer if an infection was present.


Is teething delay in children normal?

I have seen as much as a two-year delay with no problems, but if concerned, please consult a dental professional.


Can you suggest some way to reduce sensitivity?

Use a desensitizing toothpaste like Sensodyne. Or have your dentist write you a prescription for Prevident, a strong fluoride toothpaste that should decrease sensitivity in a few READ MORE
Use a desensitizing toothpaste like Sensodyne. Or have your dentist write you a prescription for Prevident, a strong fluoride toothpaste that should decrease sensitivity in a few months. Of course, this assumes nothing wrong dentally in that area.


My nephew has one tooth erupting and he is just 1 month old. Is it normal?

It happens. If it is loose get a dental evaluation from a pediatric dentist.

I had a root canal and the area still hurts. Is something wrong?

Could be infection or an extra root that escaped treatment. Revisit your dentist quickly.

I had a root canal and the same tooth is hurting again. What should I do?

Reconsult your dentist. There could be an extra root that escaped detection, or possible other issues.

What is the right age for kids to brush their teeth on their own?

Varies according to the child. Some can do it at three while some will ALWAYS need adult supervision due to noncompliance.

My gum is swollen but only in the back of my mouth. What could this be?

Food often gets jammed into this area. If warm salt water rinses don’t make it better in a few days see your dentist.

Are there any home remedies to treat bleeding gums?

Electric toothbrush like Sonicare and Oxyfresh toothpaste and mouth rinse——-buy online

My tooth infection keeps coming back. Can it signify something more serious?

If the exact cause has not been diagnosed and effectively treated, this DOES indicate the need for further professional evaluation.

My molars are hurting. I already had my wisdom teeth all taken out. What can this be?

Could be either gum or cavity related. See your dentist

What causes swelling in the gums?

Could be an infection. Consult a dentist if this continues.