Dr. Martin Blankenship is a Chiropractor practicing in St Petersburg, FL. Dr. Blankenship specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating conditions associated with the neuromusculoskeletal system, while improving each patients functionality and quality of life. Conditions treated include sciatica, neck pain, and arthritis... more
You can take control of anger! It’s not easy, but the best things often aren’t (e.g. Climbing a mountain. Not easy but rewarding, right?)
Talk to someone:
- Discuss WHY with a counselor, pastor, friends or family.
- Work on the underlying problems that cause your anger (or sadness, grief, shame.)
Think it away:
- Envision peaceful and happy things (e.g. walking on the beach, playing with a pet or just lying in bed.)
- Repeating positive words (positive affirmations)
- Reflect! How could I approach this situation differently?
- Remember that life is difficult but once we truly understand, even transcend this understanding, then it is no longer difficult! Try to stop expecting someone else to fix you. Nothing changes, if nothing changes.
- Avoid aggravating situations (people, places or things.)
- Meditate or practice mindfulness.
- Get outside in the sun, go for a walk, have a laugh, read a book, sing, paint or exercise.
Treat yourself with kindness:
- Exercise and practice deep breathing exercises (www.louisehay.com/affirmations)
- Physical activity can be surprisingly calming and perfect for anxiety, depression etc.
- Visit Family Chiropractic Plus, St Petersburg FL and make sure your central nervous system is working at its best.
- Consider your diet, visit Family Chiropractic Plus, St Petersburg FL for a Nutritional consult. You are what you eat after all.
Walk away by walking away!
- Avoid people or situations that push your buttons. If you find yourself getting frustrated, leave now, don’t wait until you’re angry. Life is too short to allow people to climb into your headspace and interrupt your lovely day. Smile and say goodbye!
- Find happier, healthier hobbies. Schedule time in which you can simply relax.