- Spray your shoes with Lysol every other week (make sure they are dry before wearing them)
- Use a nightly athletes foot cream on your feet (lamisil is a good option)
- Change socks midday if you notice your feet sweat a lot
- Runners stretch (you can Google this)
- Use towel/band to pull your toes towards your nose before you wake up in the morning
- Roll a frozen water bottle on bottom of your foot
- Any stretch that focuses on the Achilles
I had an ankle injury 6 years ago. I am having pain in the same region again. What could be the reason?
There is an intrinsic imbalance within your foot's tendons and this has caused the bunion deformity to continue to worsen. The corrector holds it in a more aligned position, but only while it is on, it is not addressing nor correcting the problem. It is important that she sees a podiatrist to get x-rays and make sure nothing else is going on - including advanced osteoarthritis. Best of luck to your mom!