Living with constant and excessive anxiety is never easy. Many people with anxiety disorder struggle every day to find ways to get relief, but often fail. This is because anxiety control is a long-term process and can’t be completed overnight. If you really want to fight this condition and regain control of your life, it’s important that you keep patience and keep trying.
So if you or any of your family members are suffering from anxiety right now, the following anxiety reduction tips will help you cope with it. It is important to follow these tips regularly.
1) Early intervention: Prevention is always better than cure. So if you notice anxiety symptoms in yourself, your children or any of your family members, start treatment early to prevent future problems. Neglecting will only worsen the problem.
2) Get Plenty of Rest: If you are having an anxiety disorder, it’s important that you get enough time to relax your mind and body. This will help you relieve stress and the symptoms. For example, exercising and practicing yoga are two of the greatest ways to relieve stress. Incorporate them into your daily routine to see visible results in your condition.
3) Eating Healthy: Eating a healthy and well-balanced diet will make you feel better both physically and mentally. So try to eat a wide variety of fresh, healthy foods such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Avoid sugary, greasy, high-fat and processed foods.
4) Try Kava: Kava is an anti-anxiety herb that is known to be the most effective, natural remedy to control anxiety. It contains nutrients known as kavalactones that regulate the way you experience anxiety and provide great relaxation without any risk of addiction. However, make sure to consult your doctor before consuming kava as it can interfere with other medications and alcohol as well.
5) Avoid alcohol, drugs and caffeine: There are both do’s and don’ts that you need to follow if you want to improve your anxiety. Say a big “No” to caffeine, drugs and alcohol if you are having anxiety symptoms as it can provoke the condition even further. Addiction to these substances can lead to additional stress and anxiety.
6) Get enough sleep: Sleep is body’s restorative state. Inconsistent or disrupted sleep can adversely affect both your physical and mental health, contributing to overall anxiety and stress. So when feeling anxious, try to have at least 8 hours of sleep. Schedule a fixed bed time and wake time to feel refreshed every morning.
7) Socialize: Social support is very important for managing stress. That’s probably because socializing stimulates the production of oxytocin, the hormone which has an anxiety-reducing effect. So the next time you feel worried or stressed out, plan a hangout with your friends.
8) Keep a diary: Introspecting your day, thoughts and emotions can be a great way to deal with anxiety. Keeping a diary to track your moods, worries, and anxiety can help both you and your mental health specialist evaluate what causes you stress and what helps you feel better.
9) Smile: Smile is the best medicine. So, when you are free from work, it’s a good idea to take a quick break and smile. Studies suggest that laughter can reduce symptoms of anxiety, so consider watching a funny movie or checking out a funny YouTube clip to laugh hard.
10) Listen to Good Mood Music: Listening to your favorite music can relieve your stress and anxiety symptoms. However, not any random music! Listen to music that makes you feel calm, happy and relaxed. Many people find it soothing to listen to slow music that helps you feel the way you want.
The Bottom Line
There isn't a quick cure for anxiety, but if you commit following the above mentioned tips, you can bring a drastic change in your condition.