3. This may sound like a broken record, but try to get enough sleep to rejuvenate your body
Although pain keeps you awake, rest is exactly what you need to heal your body. Here are some tips that will help you be comfortable and get as much sleep as you need:
- Try a sleep study to make sure you aren’t suffering from sleep apnea or other sleep disorders.
- Make your bedroom comfortable. Reduce the light, extreme temperatures, and noises. Use comfortable bed linens.
- Employ nighttime rituals like taking a bath, reading a book, or eating a healthy snack.
- Go to bed and get up at the same time every day.
- Avoid caffeine, cigarettes, and alcohol.
- Stay away from fatty and spicy foods that upset your stomach.
- Find time during the day to meditate and get all your worries out of your mind.
- Go to bed only when you are sleepy. It is not productive to toss and turn. If you aren't tired and need some shut-eye, sit in a comfy chair and read a good book before you go to bed.