Fibroids are non-cancerous tumors that form on the walls of the uterus. Statistics show that more than 70 percent of women will experience fibroids at one point in their lives. Although fibroids don’t show clear signs and symptoms, other women will experience heavy bleeding and severe pain. Fibroids can be cured if you can only alert your doctor as soon as possible.
Green Tea Extract
According to clinical research, green tea extracts can reduce the severity of the symptoms of fibroid. Ask your doctor how you can use Chinese medicines to treat fibroids.
Chinese Traditional Medicine
If you are having fibroids, you can consider taking Chinese traditional medicine. According to research, CTM has been proven to shrink fibroids and alleviate fibroids symptoms. However, it is important to consult your doctor before trying them.
Work Closely with Physical Therapists
According to clinical studies, physical therapy can help shrink the fibroids and relieve fibroid symptoms. Therefore, if you have developed fibroids, talk to your doctor to evaluate if physical therapy can work for you.
Acupuncture can help improve the symptoms of fibroids. They have a few side effects and can effectively alleviate the entire fibroid symptoms. However, make sure that your acupuncturist is licensed. You can ask your doctor for a referral. Moreover, remember to keep your doctor informed during the treatment period.
Understanding the Condition
Understanding fibroids is the key to establishing how you can effectively manage them. By definition, fibroids are tumors that form on the woman’s uterine wall. They mostly affect women of active reproductive age, especially those on their 30s to 40s. They are not cancerous, but can significantly affect the quality of your life if not properly treated. It is also important to note that there are two types of fibroids:
- Subserosal fibroids: they usually grow on the exterior part of the uterus.
- Intramural fibroids: are found on the woman’s uterine wall.
Know the Signs and Symptoms of Fibroids
Knowing the signs and symptoms of fibroids is another important aspect you shouldn’t ignore. Many people have fibroids, yet they aren’t aware of their health status. The following are some symptoms you should keenly monitor:
- Heavy and prolonged menstrual periods accompanied by excessive bleeding
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Acute pelvic pain, especially fullness in the pelvic area
- Pain during sex
- Frequent and difficult urination
- Constipation caused by a pressed bladder
What Causes Fibroids?
Know the causes of fibroids so that will know how to avoid it in the future. They include:
- Abnormalities in the urine blood vessels
- Certain genes that make the muscle cells of the uterus grow abnormally
Change Your Lifestyle
Certain lifestyle changes can increase the risk of developing fibroids. They include:
- Eating junk food: Junk foods can make you obese since they have high cholesterol levels. An overweight woman is more likely to get fibroids than a healthy one. Statistics indicate that the risk is two-three times than the normal in very obese women.
- Poor eating habits: Research shows that eating more meat and ham is likely to increase your risk of developing fibroids.
Changing Your Lifestyle: The Way Forward
It is advisable to change your lifestyle if you have been diagnosed with fibroids. And taking plenty of green vegetables is the surest way tominimizing the chances of developing fibroids. You should also avoid a lot of meat and chunk food.
- Green tea extract
- Chinese traditional medicine
- Work closely with physical therapists
- Consider acupuncture
- Change your lifestyle