Find ways to help manage your emotional health
Tips to help you manage your emotions include:
- Accept your feelings and don’t push them away. Healthily express them. Find a support network that will help you when you are nearing the end of your line. Share your feelings.
- Join a support group where you can comfortably share your thoughts and stories. You will find many other people who have similar experiences.
- Keep a journal about your experiences. Write down how you feel. If you are anxious or too sad, talk to a counselor to help resolve these feelings.
- Seek professional help. There is no stigma if you need to get help from a trained counselor or a therapist. Taking care of you is also their job, and they provide support and guidance in a supportive setting.
- Find out where you can get information about mental and emotional health by contacting your local hospital, or doctor’s office.
- Make sure you have some quiet time just for you.