Healthy Living

A Guide to Studying With Lupus

Extra Funding

Getting a higher education is often expensive, as is dealing with chronic illness. However, if you do have lupus and plan on studying in higher education, you may find that you qualify for Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSA) if you live in the UK. The DSA covers extra disability-based costs for college students that would not be covered by the school. The DSA is broken up into four main allowances which describe different types of need: specialist equipment allowance, non-medical helper’s allowance, general and other expenditure allowance, and travel expenses. Check online for DSAs. Simple internet searches will yield suggestions about finding funding for students with disabilities wherever you are.