- According to research by the Department of Health and Human Sciences at least 40% to 50% of men and 50% to 55% of women in the United States suffer from disorders associated with the veins
- Anyone can be affected by varicose veins, however they are more apprent in light-skinned individuals
- There are home based methods of treatment you can implement
Varicose veins are the veins that protrude from the skin, accompanied by a dark-purplish color. This type of vascular disorder can affect both men and women equally. According to research by the Department of Health and Human Sciences, at least 40% to 50% of men and 50% to 55% of women in the United States suffer from disorders associated with the veins. In fact, half of people over the age of 55 are affected by varicose veins.
Older women or those who are pregnant are the most affected. This is because of the influence of hormones. There are also higher chances of developing these veins as you age, as the natural elasticity of the veins is lost due to inflammation.
It can affect both men and women. However, women are twice as likely to be affected when compared to men. All races can be affected by varicose veins, but people with light skin are highly susseptible, due to the transparent nature of their skin.
There are a variety of ways to prevent and cure varicose veins. Some options can be using natural oils, complex surgeries as well as creams and laser surgeries that can be expensive. These are not the best ways for treating varicose veins, and they should be considered as a last resort when reviewing treatment options. There are also home based methods of treatment you can use. Below are some of the ways you can treat and prevent varicose veins at home.
Apple Cider Vinegar
This is one of the best and most efficient treatments for varicose veins. It cleanses the body naturally, hence improving the circulation and flow of blood in the body. If good blood flow is promoted, than the vein size will decrease as a result.
- Apple cider vinegar, which is not diluted should be applied on the skin where the varicose veins are visible, gently massaged on the area. It should be done every day before bed and in the morning for a few months to help cure varicose veins.
- Two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar should be added to a glass of water and stirred well. The mixture should be consumed twice a day, and continued for at least a month for the results to be effective.
This is an excellent treatment option for varicose veins as well. It is very rich in vitamin C as well as bioflavonoids, hence it serves to increase the circulation of blood. Proper distribution eases the swollen veins.
- One teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder should be added to a cup of water and stirred well
- The mixture should be consumed twice a day for one or more months
If the skin where the varicose veins are visible is massaged with olive oil, then the blood flow and circulation will be increased, reducing pain.
- Equal amounts of olive oil and vitamin E oil should be mixed and warmed slightly. For several minutes, use the hot mixture to massage the veins, an exercise that should be done at least twice a day for proper results.
- Four drops of cypress essential oil can also be mixed with two teaspoons of warm olive oil and applied the affected veins.
When it comes to the reduction of inflammation caused by varicose veins, then garlic is an excellent choice. The harmful substances in the blood are also broken, helping improve the circulation of blood in the body.
- Six garlic cloves should be sliced up and put in glass jar
- Juice from three oranges should be extracted and added to the pot. An addition of two tablespoons of olive oil is also required.
- The mixture should be allowed to rest for 12 hours
- Shake the mixture and use the solution to massage the varicose veins
- Use cotton wool or cloth to wrap the area
- Repeat the exercise for a few months