What to use for fatigue
Bone crushing fatigue is a common complaint for fibro sufferers. Fatigue is sometimes caused by the disorder itself and is sometimes caused by the fact that many people with fibro have to deal with poor sleep. When the feeling of crawling into bed takes over, try diffusing the following oils using a specialized oil diffuser or try adding them to warm water for a calming tea:
- Lavender: Before bed, diffuse this in the bedroom to help relax and calm frazzled nerves to encourage good restful sleep.
- Roman chamomile: Calms the body and mind by acting as a mild, natural sedative.
- Jasmine: Great for reducing restless leg syndrome which can interrupt sleep. Adding food grade essential oil to a cup of warm water makes for a perfect before-bed cup of tea.
- Marjoram: Reduces stress and anxiety and calms the mind and body.
- Peppermint: Known for giving a mental boost when feeling sleepy during the day
- Lemon: This refreshing oil, promotes wakefulness and helps ward off the midday slump