Recipe: Superfruit superfood breakfast smoothie or acai bowl
By now, you know there are a ton of fruits and vegetables that help benefit people with MS. So why not get a bunch of them together in your breakfast to start your day?
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed
- 1 generous handful raw spinach
- 1 serving acai powder or acai fruit puree
- 1/2 banana
- 3/4 C plain yogurt or kefir
- Honey to taste (optional)
Blend everything on high until smooth, and enjoy! If the mixture is too thick, add water or juice.
Or, to convert this into an acai bowl, use pre-frozen bananas and add ice to create a thicker consistency. Then load up on healthy toppings like nut butter, granola, and fruit! Be careful not to overload, though. If you're using yogurt in the acai mix, maybe skip extra protein added on top.