- Bio-identical Progesterone Cream
- Herbal formula
- Milk thistle
If your fibroids aren’t accompanied by any symptoms, you shouldn’t mind about treatment. Instead, your GP will suggest watchful waiting. This implies that you’ll have frequent pelvic examinations to establish fibroid tumors and symptoms. Ask your doctor the regularity of the check up so that you don’t miss them.
If you’re approaching menopause, watch waiting might be a good option for you. However, this depends on the tolerability of your symptoms. After menopause, the body’s estrogen and progesterone levels may drop, which makes fibroids shrink and the associated symptoms to subside.
Treatments for Heavy Menstrual Bleeding
If you have painful or heavy menstrual bleeding, it could be as a result of excessive bleeding from the uterine fibroids. However, it could also be linked to minor menstrual cycle problems or any other underlying conditions. The following medications are used to alleviate heavy menstrual bleeding, painful periods, and anemia. However, they don’t necessarily shrink fibroids.
- Iron supplements: these medicines are available without prescriptions and play a crucial role in correcting anemia brought about by fibroid-induced blood loss.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory therapies: this therapy improves menstrual cramping and suppresses bleeding in many women.
- Birth control hormones: these hormonal treatments lighten menstrual bleeding while preventing pregnancy.
- Intrauterine Devices: this releases liberal amounts of progesterone into the patient’s uterus and this could decrease heavy menstrual bleeding.
- Progestin Shot or Depo-Provera: this form of treatment is administered every three months and can lighten menstrual bleeding. It also helps in preventing pregnancy. Based on several studies, progestin might shrink fibroids or may facilitate their growth. However, this differs from one woman to another.
Bio-identical Progesterone Cream
This cream reduces the size and frequency of fibroids by stabilizing the estrogen levels. The use of bio-identical progesterone is the most effective treatment for fibroids. Uterine fibroids will shrink and disappear with the use of progesterone. Progestin has not been confirmed to improve uterine fibroids due to its inability to bring balance to the body.
This is a natural herbal treatment that improves pelvic pain, tension, uterine fibroids, irritability, headaches, mood swings, weight gain, headaches, bloating, and acne. This synergetic treatment consists of vitex and dandelion, which helps the body in removing excess estrogen.
The liver performs a lot of useful body functions that help in maintaining general body health. Naturopaths who look thoroughly examine the symptoms of a disease to establish its underlying cause, often realize that the liver is the primary contributor. When your liver is overwhelmed by the use of pharmaceuticals, it becomes incapable of facilitating the breakdown of estrogen. This excessive estrogen is the leading cause of uterine fibroids.
Other conventional treatments for fibroids are:
• Red clover
• Black cohosh
• Evening Primrose
These natural herbs are often taken as herbal teas, tinctures, and compresses. They can also be used as essential oils, especially for primrose. Research indicates that an 8-week treatment course with green tea shows significant results in alleviating the severity of uterine fibroids. Nonetheless, holistic treatments are effective in controlling fibroids, but they don’t remove them permanently.
Before taking such medications, it would be good to consult your doctor since such treatments have side effects as well. Your physician will guide you on how to safely take them without subjecting yourself to more trouble.