How to Have a Good Workout in 30 Minutes
It is quite natural to feel frustrated when you don’t start to see results after months of slogging in the gym. One may gradually lose interest in working out and gym sessions. Then, there are others who feel too time strapped to work out at all. For both of these groups of people, a good workout for just half an hour may do wonders and help them achieve their expected weight loss. The key for a short duration workout is the intensity of the exercises. Following high intensity workouts for short duration helps to improve metabolism and to tone the muscles of the body. An ideal short-duration workout should have both cardio and resistance training exercises.
- One may start with squats and if you are just a beginner, you may use an exercise ball for performing this step. Repeat the step ten times before going for the next move.
- Forward lunges are another high intensity exercise step to be included in this routine. Step forward and lower the body by bending your knee. This should be repeated 10 times alternating the legs during each lunge. For more benefits one may use free weights in both hands.
- For healthy hamstring muscles, do a Romanian deadlift. Fold the upper body and bring it parallel to the floor at the hip. Move the hip backwards and keep the legs straight. Lower your weight to knee-level and come back to standing position.
- Bridge step by lifting your knees up to your shoulder forming a diagonal line while lying down should be repeated 10 times. For added benefits one may use light weights and lift them up while raising the hips.
- Push-ups are one of the best exercises for strengthening the chest, shoulder, and other core muscles. You can think of adding an exercise ball under the hips or knees for more healthy benefits.
- Perform 10 repetitions of bent-over rows to work the muscles of the upper back and biceps. Adding weights would improve it further.
- Shoulder press repeated 10 times would also help in working the shoulder muscles.
- Bicycle crunches are apt for working and toning the abdominal muscles and core muscles. Repeat it for 10 times and try to bring the shoulder towards the hip.
Try to include a variety of the above-said steps for a 20 minute session of resistance training before moving on to cardio exercises. Do remember to have some water to keep well hydrated. Continue with the cardio exercise of your choice and try to vary the intensity of the exercise during the workout. Repeat this every day and top it off with a healthy diet!
- The key for a short-duration workout is the intensity of the exercises.
- An ideal short-duration workout should have both cardio and resistance training exercises.
- A good workout for just half an hour may do wonders and help achieve desired weight loss.