You also do not need to be a diabetic to use a CGM
Using a CGM is not necessarily for diabetic patients, there are certain factors that need to be considered when opting for the use of a continuous monitoring device. Like:
- Fluctuating blood sugars and who experiences major highs and lows out of the blue with no clear reason.
- Pregnant mothers who have gestational diabetes and must monitor their blood sugar levels to ensure a safe pregnancy.
- Those who use an insulin pump.
- Those who suffer from hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia.
- Some children (over the age of 2) who have juvenile diabetes.