Manage Chronic Illness with These 6 Apps
In today's world, technology is unavoidable. Most everyone has a smartphone or at least a PC at home. There are endless applications that help with everything from banking to grocery shopping. How about helping with the management of a chronic illness? Is there an app for that? There is! In fact, there are several. Read on to find more information about these apps and how they can help.
Today, the world is getting more and more technology-oriented. For most things, there is some aspect of technology involved. The smartphones that we carry on a daily basis themselves are loaded with so many applications, but not everyone is able to explore all of them. How about some help from technology when it comes to managing a chronic illness or disease? Are there any apps for that? And if yes, how useful would they be? The answer to this question is yes, there are apps to help manage chronic illness. Let us have a look at a few of them:
- My Medical Info: This one is a great app for getting things organized. It is a site where a patient can upload most of their medical information to be accessed easily whenever they need it. This information can be accessed later whenever you have to fill in your medical details at the doctor’s office or for some other medical-related purpose. You can even create a health profile for each member of your family, too, and you can also set up reminders and enter the details of your appointments.
- Medisafe: This app is useful for connecting patients with their providers to determine the best management of their medication. It is a system designed for individuals who have to take multiple medicines each day and often tend to forget when to take them, and so need reminders when to take their medications. There is a digital reminder that can be set up to alert the individual when they are supposed to take their medicine. There is also something called the iConnect pill, which is a sorter that can be purchased by the individual.
- Fooducate: This app helps to place a health coach at your service with just a click of a button. The main mission behind this app is to help people improve their health by making better food choices. What and how to eat are a few of the insights which are provided in this app. An individual would need to enter their health stats and nutrition goals, and from those, they would receive a tailor-made diet plan. There are also ways for the individual to scan the barcode of any food package to see how healthy the food is.
- Catch My Pain Pro: This app is extremely useful for those who suffer from chronic pain. The app acts as a pain diary that can help the patient keep track of their records in a safe location instead of writing them down on a piece of paper or notepad. These records can also be sent to the doctor directly via the app for easier management. Apart from the smartphone version, this app can also be accessed through the desktop as well.
- Apps to find doctors: There are multiple apps and services available to connect patients with healthcare providers based on their health requirements. Whether there is a need for a new healthcare provider or a specialist, many of these apps can help; you can filter the doctors based on their location and specialty, for example.
- Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock: This app is known to ensure that the individual wakes up feeling relaxed. The app monitors the individual’s sleep pattern, which helps them to wake up during the latest stage of sleep, which can make the individual feel more rested.