Bacon and Cheddar Quiche
This dish can be eaten for any meal of the day. And it freezes well!
Prep time: 1 hour
- 9" pie crust
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces broiled/pan-fried bacon, chopped
- pie plate
- measuring cup
- Preheat oven to 425ºF (218ºC).
- Whisk eggs and cream in a medium mixing bowl until well blended.
- Stir cheese into egg mixture.
- Sprinkle bacon over pie crust.
- Pour egg mixture over bacon.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 325º F (162ºC) and bake for approximately 35 minutes longer. Quiche is finished cooking when a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the quiche cool for a few minutes before cutting.
Serving size: 1/6 of pie
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 577 calories
- 23 g protein
- 48 g fat
- 723 mg sodium
- 209 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
You can use a variety of different cheeses. Try adding some vegetables, such as onions or spinach.