Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
This mashed potatoes recipe is delicious! It's also packed with plenty of calcium to maximize bone density.
Prep time: 45 minutes
- 4 cups prepared potatoes (homemade or instant)
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese
- 9 slices of bacon, fried and crumbled
- ¼ cup onion, chopped finely
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 slices bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- oven (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- mixing bowls
- mixing spoons
- 2-quart casserole dish
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed potatoes, cheddar cheese, sour cream, parmesan cheese, bacon, onion, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Place potato mixture in a greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- To make the topping, place the melted butter, parmesan cheese, bacon, and bread crumbs in another bowl and mix well.
- Spread topping mixture over potato mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
Serving size: ¾ cup
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 365 calories
- 15 g protein
- 24 g fat
- 311 mg calcium
- 896 mg sodium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.