Macaroni and Cheese
This classic is now packed with more calories and fat.
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 6 cups water
- 1 package (7.25 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons skim milk powder
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- stove (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- medium pan
- measuring cups
- Boil the water in a medium pan.
- Stir in the macaroni.
- Boil for 7 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the macaroni and return it to the pan.
- Add butter, whipping cream, skim milk powder, cheese, and cheese sauce mix (from the macaroni and cheese dinner package).
- Reduce heat to low and mix well until the cheese has melted.
Serving size: 1 cup
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 563 calories
- 16 g protein
- 32 g fat
- 870 mg sodium
- 305 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
For extra flavor, add one or more of the following:
- 1 cup broccoli, steamed
- 2 hot dogs, boiled and thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped