Things to do before giving a bath or shower
- The soap, shampoo, washcloth, and towels must be ready and within reach.
- The bathroom must be well-lit and warm.
- Playing soft music can make the patient more relaxed.
- The caregiver should be straight to the point when informing the patient about bath time. There is no need to explain about the need for having a bath.
- The caregiver explains everything that will be done during the bath time.
- The water temperature must not be too hot or cold.
- Bath oil must not be used since it can make the tub greasy and can be a source of infections in the urinary tract.