What patients should know about the Air Carrier Access Act
The Air Carrier Access Act states:
- Strengthen enforcement to include the protection of the right of passengers with handicaps and to provide a recourse when rights are violated;
- Ensure airplanes are designed to accommodate people with disabilities including effective and safe deplaning and boarding;
- Provide better stowage options for assistant devices;
- Improve seating accommodations;
- Watch for spaces or disruptions in air travel service;
- Compel the U.S. Access board to administer a study to find ways those with disabilities can be contained through cabin wheelchair restraint systems.