Healthy Living

When Does Arthralgia Progress to Rheumatoid Arthritis?

Consult with a rheumatologist

It’s also been suggested that you consider requesting a referral to a rheumatologist, as a precautionary measure.

Rheumatologists have specialized training in systemic autoimmune diseases such as RA and could be a great resource for the answers you seek.

According to the American College of Rheumatology, “earlier referral should be made if you have relatives with autoimmune or rheumatic disease (as these conditions run in families) or if the symptoms are significantly worsening over a short period of time.”