The Best Gloves for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Therapy gloves can improve grip strength, and pinch strength and have been recommended by occupational therapists as an alternative treatment option for rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
According to Therapeutic Advances in Musculoskeletal Disease, there are about four different types of therapy gloves. They are designed to provide warmth, support, compression, or any combination of the three. Heat and compression can increase blood flow while also reducing swelling. Gloves are also helpful with gripping, which is a common problem with RA. There is limited scientific data available on the effectiveness of various gloves, but most of the products sold contain helpful online reviews. This article looks at some of the top brands of therapy gloves.
Therapy gloves have proven to be helpful in providing strength and better grip. They are often recommended by occupational therapists as an alternative treatment therapy for rheumatoid arthritis. Essentially, there are four different types of therapy gloves, and they are mostly designed to provide support, warmth, and compression. The combination of heat and compression helps to improve the flow of blood and at the same time reduces swelling. Gloves also help with grip issues, which is a common occurrence in RA patients. Let us have a look at some of the top brands of gloves:
- IMAK Active Gloves: These compression gloves offer relief from aches, hand stiffness, and pain. They are designed to provide mild compression, which can help to improve circulation. The online retail price of these gloves is $29.99 and the sizes range from small to large.
- Theramode Compression Relief: These are flexible gloves that allow a person to remain active all day long. They are mostly thin and snug, thereby enabling a wide array of motion. These gloves are known to be ideal for those who are more active with their hands. The gloves can be purchased from online stores at a retail price of $21.
- EasyComforts Magnet: As per the company’s claims, these gloves are said to have a unique healing power from magnets inside them, thus making them very effective. The gloves provide light compression, and the lightweight magnets in them increase the flow of blood to the wrists, palms, and fingers. They are made of nylon and lycra material and are sold for $12.99.
- Thermoskin Premium Arthritic: These are compression gloves that are known to provide relief and also reduce swelling in the tissues. The gloves have Velcro for fastening and are made to fit easily onto the hand. As per the company’s claims, the gloves contain thermal properties that help with pain reduction. The gloves are said to increase the flow of blood by 21 percent. They are also durable and will hold up through multiple washings. The gloves can be purchased on the company’s official website for $53.32.
- Copper Compression: These are basically half finger gloves, wherein the fingertips are left open to make it easier to write, type, or do other such work. The gloves are considered to be useful for arthritis as well as carpal tunnel syndrome. They vary in size and are made of spandex, copper, and nylon. As per the company’s claims, they contain copper-infused items that are known to provide support as well as warmth to aching joints. They can be purchased on the company’s official website for $23.95.
- Vive Compression Gloves: These are mostly helpful in reducing pain in the hand as well as the wrist. They offer light compression with open fingertips. Made from spandex and nylon, they have a minimal amount of stitching so that there is less irritation. These gloves are available in all sizes and are priced at $14.99, which is quite affordable.