How to Naturally Increase Libido
Learn to manage stress
Avoid alcohol and pornography
Resolve conflicts with your partner
Quit your vices
Exercise is vital
Consider traveling and having a night or two in a hotel
Try actually sleeping together
Eat less and healthy foods
Use a good, high-quality lube
Below are the ways in which one can boost their libido using natural methods:
- Manage stress: Stress is considered to be one of the major issues causing most health-related problems in individuals. It does not matter if you are very healthy; dealing with a lot of stress at the back of your mind is going to affect you in some way or the other. Stress can manifest in any form, either physical, mental, or emotional. Stress is also known to cause a negative impact on the sex drive of an individual. Women tend to become more prone to the effects of stress, and their sex life would take a hit as well. In the case of men, they are known to use sex to run away from stress or view it as a “medicine” for relieving their stress. These differences in approach from both the sexes may act as a form of conflict, thereby leading to a decrease in libido. Hence, it is important to keep stress at bay and out of one’s relationship. To find solace from stress, an individual can participate in certain sports activities, which may include yoga, or carry out daily meditation for at least five minutes.
- Avoid alcohol abuse and watching too much porn: Drinking too much is anyways considered to be bad for one’s health. Similarly, too much alcohol can lead to lowering of the libido. Hence, one should try to avoid the intake of alcohol as much as possible. In case it cannot be avoided, then just stick to one glass of wine, since it can put the body and mind at ease and, at the same time, would also increase the interest of the individual in becoming intimate. Too much alcohol has a tendency to ruin a person’s ability to perform sex and can also lead to erectile dysfunction. It also hinders the ability of the individual to reach orgasm. Apart from alcohol, watching too much porn is also linked with a decrease in the sexual life of an individual, or it could lead to an increase in their expectations. Hence, it is better to stop such habits as soon as possible.
- Check in on the relationship: It is said that when you go to sleep, it should not be with a heavy heart or after having an argument with someone. If you had an argument with your partner, chances are high that you would not be in the mood to have sex. In the case of women, having emotional closeness is a top priority in order to move into the act of sexual intimacy. This would mean that any unresolved conflicts can have a negative impact on the sexual relationship as well. Hence, it is important to communicate since it is known to be the building block of trusting one’s partner. Try to avoid any kind of resentment with your partner, and if there are any arguments or fights, try not to prolong them for too many days, and be sure to resolve them as soon as possible.
- Stay away from bad habits: There are various bad habits or vices one should stay away from. These are smoking, alcohol use, drug abuse, extra marital affairs, and many more, since they can all affect the relationship with your spouse. Also, some of these vices are known to cause a negative impact on the overall health of the individual as well, hence, it is better to stay far away from these bad habits and know the limits of one’s relationship to try to build it up, which in turn will increase the sex life with your partner.
- Lose some weight: Certain studies have shown that having a body mass index that is too high or too low can create a mess with the libido. There is a slew of hormones which tend to affect the moment one gains or loses body fat. Hence, it is best to work out often and get yourself into shape; this would not only lead to better enjoyment of sex life, but it would also make you a healthy person overall. The best exercises would be those that best increase the flow of blood to the thighs, pelvis, hamstrings, and buttocks. You can try cycling, yoga, jogging, or squats. Be sure that you schedule at least 20 or 30 minutes a day for yourself to carry out any of these activities so that you do not need to struggle later.
- Massages can help: Massaging certain parts of the body or certain points would bring a sense of calm to oneself. There have been various benefits of massages, not only for increasing sexual desire, but they also ensure that the individual stays in good health with no diseases or infections. The Bosch point, or the libido point, is known to increase the libido as well as enhance one’s sexual arousal. Gently massaging and stimulating the Bosch point (present on the outer ear, or the auricle) is known to help create great sexual pleasure. Many couples have found that stimulating the Bosch point has been a far better option, and the desired results are achieved much faster than through the process of engaging in foreplay. Be sure that only professionals carry out such massages so that it does not have any unforeseen side effects.
- Spend some time alone outside: At times, it is not the individual, but the environment which seems not to add the necessary spark. Hence, it is a must, before boredom creeps in, to shake it off and go to some place where you can spend a few days only with yourself, just the two of you. You can spend a few days in a hotel, or it can be out of the country. By doing so, this would bring about some change to the environment and also would act as a natural way to increase one’s libido and sex drive.
- Intake of chocolate: Throughout history, chocolate has been linked with desire. It is not only due to the delicious taste of chocolate, but it is also because of the power it holds to increase the sexual pleasure in individuals. According to one study, it has been seen that chocolate is known to promote the release of phenylethylamine and serotonin in the body after eating it. This in turn can act as an aphrodisiac as well as produce general mood-elevating effects. Other research states that the effect of chocolate on libido is something that has to do with the psychology of the individual.
- Boost self-confidence: The way the body feels tends to have an effect on the way we feel about sex. A lack of proper exercise combined with an unhealthy diet contributes to a poor self-image. These things often become an obstruction that discourages an individual from having a good time and enjoying sex. One can boost their self-esteem as well as increase their sex drive by shifting focus from pointing towards the flaws and instead turning one’s gaze towards their attributes. Focus on the pleasure experienced during sex.
boosting libido naturally