As the trial was shown to be safe and effective, we can soon expect its large-scale application in the near future. It is undoubtedly an approach that is bound to improve the life of those living with muscular dystrophy, and we are looking forward to seeing how it helps patients in the future.
- Marbán E. Breakthroughs in Cell Therapy for Heart Disease: Focus on Cardiosphere-Derived Cells. Mayo Clin Proc. 2014;89(6):850-858. doi:10.1016/j.mayocp.2014.02.014.
- CDC. Facts | Muscular Dystrophy | NCBDDD | CDC. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/musculardystrophy/facts.html. Published April 7, 2016. Accessed November 24, 2017.
- Hermans MCE, Pinto YM, Merkies ISJ, de Die-Smulders CEM, Crijns HJGM, Faber CG. Hereditary muscular dystrophies and the heart. Neuromuscular Disorders. 2010;20(8):479-492. doi:10.1016/j.nmd.2010.04.008.
- HOPE-Duchenne (Halt cardiomyOPathyprogrEssion in Duchenne) - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02485938. Accessed November 24, 2017.
- USA Life Sciences Database. Significant Improvements Reported in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Patients Treated with Capricor’s Investigational Cell Therapy. http://www.usalifesciences.com/us/portal/news_details.php?news_id=12579651k$SniFFnDZMtt8&page_id=?next=1. Published November 2017. Accessed November 24, 2017.