As the trial was shown to be safe and effective, we can soon expect its large-scale application in the near future. It is undoubtedly an approach that is bound to improve the life of those living with muscular dystrophies.
- Marbán E. Breakthroughs in Cell Therapy for Heart Disease: Focus on Cardiosphere-Derived Cells. Mayo Clin Proc. 2014;89(6):850-858. doi:10.1016/j.mayocp.2014.02.014.
- CDC. Facts | Muscular Dystrophy | NCBDDD | CDC. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/musculardystrophy/facts.html. Published April 7, 2016. Accessed November 24, 2017.
- Hermans MCE, Pinto YM, Merkies ISJ, de Die-Smulders CEM, Crijns HJGM, Faber CG. Hereditary muscular dystrophies and the heart. Neuromuscular Disorders. 2010;20(8):479-492. doi:10.1016/j.nmd.2010.04.008.
- HOPE-Duchenne (Halt cardiomyOPathyprogrEssion in Duchenne) - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02485938. Accessed November 24, 2017.
- USA Life Sciences Database. Significant Improvements Reported in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Patients Treated with Capricor’s Investigational Cell Therapy. http://www.usalifesciences.com/us/portal/news_details.php?news_id=12579651k$SniFFnDZMtt8&page_id=?next=1. Published November 2017. Accessed November 24, 2017.