Healthy Living

Is There a Link Between Maternal Rheumatoid Arthritis and Chronic Disease in Children?

Final thoughts

If you have concerns about how RA could affect your child, talk to your healthcare providers. Be specific with your questions and ask them to explain the research to you. It is their job to make sure that you have the knowledge that you need to care for yourself and your child. Additionally, once your baby is born, you can also talk to his or her pediatrician about your concerns. By being open with your healthcare providers and being proactive in caring for your health and the health of your child, you can alleviate some of your concerns and help keep your family healthy.