This protein-packed side dish is perfect for a holiday barbecue.
Prep time: 2 hours, 20 minutes (including cooking time)
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped fine
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices cooked bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 16-ounce can of pork and beans
- stove (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- 1-1/2-quart baking dish
- measuring cups and spoons
- knife and cutting board (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- In baking dish, combine all ingredients. Do not drain beans.
- Bake uncovered at 325ºF (162ºC) for 2 hours.
Serving size: 3/4 cup
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 378 calories
- 22 g fat
- 10 g protein
- 896 mg sodium
- 69 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.