There are also smaller models that can improve function in single limbs and joints
- Assistance in the welfare field include HAL for Well-Being (Lower Limb Type) and HAL for Well-Being (Single Joint Type), both of which are only available in Japan. HAL for Well-Being (Lower Limb Type) is a wearable robot that is designed to improve physical function in the lower limb by:
- Harmonizing the intention and movement of each individual
- Promoting improvement of lower limb functions and independent living
- Easily controlling interface to meet different training needs
- Adjusting to each individual (size and width)
- Monitoring the status of the individual with clear and vivid details
HAL for Well-Being (Single Joint Type) is a model that is used for any arm and knee joints. It is small and lightweight, therefore allowing it to provide assistance in intensive training activities, such as flexion and extension exercises. Moreover, all actions can be operated by one hand, using the palm-sized controller.